Privacy and Non-Discrimination Policies
Privacy and Non-Discrimination Policies
The Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc. is committed to protecting any shared personal information and the privacy of all who visit our websites. Anyone can visit www.capeeleutherafoundation.org without revealing any personal information. You may choose to provide personal information when you submit information to the admission office at The Island School, subscribe to our newsletters and blog posts through The Island School, and/or contribute to our Foundation with money, time, or information. Your personal information will never be sold, leased, rented, or otherwise disclosed in any manner. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc. is committed to respecting the privacy of our donors. We assure our donors that their information will not be shared with any third party.
Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- Contact Information: name, complete address, phone number, email address
- Payment Information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information
- Shipping Information: name, complete address
- Information regarding how you heard about Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc.
- Information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions
- Your request to receive periodic updates: e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, e-news, and newsletters.
- Cape Eleuthera Foundation partners with companies (such as GiveCampus, Stripe and WePay) for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies (for GiveCampus’s click here; for Stripe’s click here; for WePay’s click here).
How Information is Used
Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc. uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on Cape Eleuthera Foundation happenings. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
European Union Users
Data protection law in Europe requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal information from citizens or residents of the European Economic Area.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) allows California residents to make certain requests regarding their personal information.
No Sharing of Personal Information
The Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc. will not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc. and only to further the activities and purposes of Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List
We do not want to send unwanted mail or electronic communications to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
Cape Eleuthera Foundation, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, the appointment to and termination from its Board of Directors, hiring and firing of staff or contractors, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and providing of services.